Studies show that there are a variety of different learning styles and each student must make use of the one that suits him/her the most to get the best results. For instance, while some learn better with visual aids such as pictures, images, graphs and so on, others learn better when they listen to lectures and audio tapes. Thus, identifying which style of learning suits a student better is crucial to good performance especially in subjects such as science that require complete understanding. With students turning to the online platform for their educational needs, online tutors are employing a variety of different techniques to provide better learning. Identifying the student’s preferred learning style and putting it to good use is the first step involved in online learning.
— Tutor Pace (@TutorPace) November 1, 2015
Learning styles via online science tutor – an overview
There are primarily three different styles of learning and they are:
- Visual Learning
- Auditory Learning
- Kinesthetic/Tactile Learning-
Visual Learning style
Visual learning is for those who wish to take a look at things while learning. For instance, if a student learns better with charts, images and other visual forms, he/she is a visual learner. A visual learner should employ the following to succeed in studying.
- Study with the help of charts, graphs and maps.
- Take notes and highlight important points (preferably in color)
- For subjects such as science, they can look up online videos from a prominent online science tutor to learn better.
- Make flash cards and pictorial representations for better learning.
Auditory Learning style
Another popular learning style is the auditory style of learning wherein students learn by listening to the class. For instance, if a student asks for repetition or reads aloud or prefers to listen to tapes for learning, he/she is an auditory learner. An auditory learner can use the following to learn better:
- Speak out and ask questions
- isten to audio tapes or recorded sessions to get help with confusing topics. This could even work as good science homework help and help with homework and projects on other subjects too.
- Make up mnemonics to learn difficult formula and identities.
- Maximize verbal learning and try to incorporate it in the study pattern.
Tactile/Kinesthetic Learning style
Yet another widely popular learning style is the tactile learning or kinesthetic style of learning. This style of learning involves learning through touch and trying things out. For instance, kinesthetic learners are people who feel restless when they have to stay put and love to try things out and learn by doing things. Tactile learners can learn in the following manner:
- Employ checklists and write down notes.
- Draw or trace diagrams and graphs to connect with the subject better.
- Learn by incorporating music or dance into lessons. When they associate some movement or action with a lesson, they learn better.
Thus, identifying different learning styles and which ones the students relate to is very important for a student to perform well in tests.
There are many different styles of learning and it is important for the students to identify as to which learning style is best suited for them. Adapting these learning styles to one’s way of learning can help improve the scores dramatically! Thus, whether it is science assignment help, homework help or learning via online classes, students should employ these learning styles to get the maximum out of these classes and this will help them score aces in their exams.