Biology is the study of life; and life is a complex phenomenon. As a student of this subject, there are various subtleties one needs to understand. The secret behind excelling in this subject lies in understanding basic biology. What are the things you can do to build biology as your strength subject?
Read through the following 5 tips that will help you climb up the ladder of learning biology.
- Any biologist or a Biology teacher will suggest you to know the biological terms in order to ace in the subject. How can you learn the terms with ease? The best way is to learn the prefixes and the suffixes that make a biological term!
For example- What does a Haematologist does? To answer this question, all you need to do is break apart the word. Hemato, which is the prefix in the term, means blood. So it can be concluded that a Haematologist studies blood.
- Know the equipment and experiments. Experiments are an important part of life and since biology is all about life- be it a human, a plant or an animal all that is known today is through the experiments. For these experiments, the laboratory equipment like a microscope, etc. for the backbone.
- To learn about bacterial processes, reading up on bacteria reproduction is a must. And in order to do that you need to explore the abundant material available all around you- be it by way of internet or via written physical material.
- Biological magnification is that event under which the concentration of a toxic material increases in a food chain. To get your basics clear on this, you need to know what a food chain is and why it needs to follow a natural course of action from one host to another.
- At last, the most basic yet the obvious tip is- attend lectures! Yes, attending all lectures and hanging on to every detail the tutor speaks of is very important.